Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) is a Mini Ratna (Category – I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). IREDA is a Public Limited Government Company established as a Non-Banking Financial Institution in 1987 engaged in promoting, developing and extending financial assistance for setting up projects relating to new and renewable sources of energy and energy efficiency/conservation with the motto: “ENERGY FOR EVER”.
- IREDA has been notified as a “Public Financial Institution” under section 4 ‘A’ of the Companies Act, 1956 and registered as Non-Banking Financial Company (NFBC) with Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- IREDA’s mission is “Be a pioneering, participant friendly and competitive institution for financing and promoting self-sustaining investment in energy generation from Renewable Sources, Energy Efficiency and Environmental Technologies for sustainable development.”
- IREDA’s Motto is “Energy for Ever.”
The main objectives of IREDA are :
- To give financial support to specific projects and schemes for generating electricity and/or energy through new and renewable sources and conserving energy through energy efficiency.
- To maintain its position as a leading organization to provide efficient and effective financing in renewable energy and energy efficiency/conservation projects.
- To increase IREDA`s share in the renewable energy sector by way of innovative financing.
- Improvement in the efficiency of services provided to customers through continual improvement of systems, processes and resources.
- To strive to be competitive institution through customer satisfaction.
IREDA is committed to maintain its position as a leading organization to provide innovative financing in Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency/Conservation and Environmental Technologies through efficient systems & processes for providing total satisfaction and transparency to its customers.
IREDA shall strive for continual improvement in the quality of services to its customers through effective quality management system.
- Drive towards total customer satisfaction.
- Continual upgradation of capability and improvement in the professional skills of employees.
- Improvement in efficiency of services provided to customers.
- Continual improvement of systems, process and services.
All concerned shall implement the Quality Policy & Quality Objectives with full devotion & dedication to achieve IREDA’s Mission.